$699.00 MSRP inc.GST
Tannoy – VNET2ETHERNET
VNET is a cutting edge digital signal processing, network control and Class D amplifier platform
deployed by Tannoy for monitoring and controlling some of its key professional/commercial sound
reinforcement products. Products in the VNET family include QFlex and VXNET.
VNET uses Cat5 cabling to attach to devices using a simple cabling scheme without requiring any
other network equipment such as hubs. The total span of the network may be at least 1 km without
repeaters. There is no maximum length for a single span within this limit.
Ethernet is a family of computer networking technologies for local area networks (LANs). Ethernet
was commercially introduced in 1980 and standardized in 1985 as IEEE 802.3. Ethernet has largely
replaced competing wired LAN technologies.
When using the product with a network of VNET equipped devices, they can be controlled and
monitored via an Ethernet connection from your PC.
This product allows your Personal Computer access to a network of VNET enabled devices for
control and monitoring them. It is connected to your computer or to your network via Ethernet.
The three primary ways of connecting your computer to this product are:
1. Direct one to one connection (using auto IP)
2. Through a switch router or hub
3. Through a DHCP router with 802.11g/n for wireless connection
• Ethernet control for VNET products
• No drivers to install
• Direct PC connection or via Switch
• Automatic IP addressing
• Go Wireless by adding a Router
• Rugged steel enclosure
• Free-standing or rack-mount options
• Self-powered using Power Over
• Capable of driving 1 km of VNET
• Optionally powered by companion PSU
• No special cables